Posts Tagged ‘100 Things’
31. My wife is a bit… fluffy, but I like her more now than when she was skinny.
I hope that Jane doesn’t take this the wrong way. During my dating years I dated a variety of women. Looking back I was always more content with the relationships when my dating partner wasn’t a stick. I think it was because they never complained about their weight. Why is it that whenever there is a skinny girl she never feels that she is skinny enough? That is a torturous mind game that I am glad to be over with. Don’t get me wrong, Jane is HOT, but since she had to put on some baby weight she has never looked hotter. She will also have you know that she weighs less now that before she was pregnant. Life is Awesome!
32. My favorite swear word is Bastard.
Yup, that’s it.
33. I secretly love Journey, Foreigner, Styx, Rush, and Blue Oyster Cult.
I guess it’s not a secret anymore. What can I say the music moves me. Besides I dare anyone to not sing when one of the following songs come on: Don’t Stop Believing, Urgent, Come Sail Away, Limelight, and Don’t Fear The Reaper. Don’t get me wrong, they don’t rank as high as The Beatles, or Coheed and Cambria for me, but they are in my top 50. (More on my Top 50 later.)
34. I enjoy the smell of my feet.
This might gross some of my readers out, but I’m not about to pull any punches. I don’t understand it either. I mean I know they don’t always smell like roses, but they aren’t as bad as Jane makes them out to be.
35. I love making my wife laugh; it takes a bit, because she has a very German sense of humor.
I try to make Jane laugh at least once a day. Most of the time she gives me a look like, “Are you serious?” or “I can’t believe you just said/did that!” Most days I am successful. About once or twice a week I get a sincere belly laugh outta her. Now about this German sense of humor. Some of you know the high quality of comedy TV shows that we view. 90% of the time she wouldn’t even crack a smile. I’ll talk with Jane after the show and she’ll say, “Oh that was a funny episode.” Thank you for sympathy in understanding my confusion.
Hope you enjoyed the post,
Ry The Robot
It’s been a while since my last 100 things post, so I’ve decided to toss on a second 5 to make up for my slacking.
Where were we? Oh, that’s right.
21. I’ve only ever see one dead body.
I’ve been to many funerals, some of which were open casket. I’ve always chosen to pass whenever it was my turn during the viewing except one, my Grandmother (my dad’s mom.) It was a very humbling and spiritual experience.
22.I don’t know why but I seem to have lost number 22
23. I’ve never gotten drunk.
I guess this comes from never drinking before. I mean, sure, when I was 4 years old at a party that my folks were at I grabbed what I thought was a coke and I took a sip. It was not a coke, in fact it was the most vile thing that I think I’ve ever tasted in my life.
24. I’m afraid of getting cancer.
I wish that I could put more of an understanding on it, but I am just scared of it. Even after all the medical study of cancer, there is still so much that we don’t know about it. Some times there are symptoms and other times there aren’t. The side-effects vary so drastically that no two cases are ever the same. It’s like trying to play Medical Craps with 100 sided dice. No thanks I’ll pass.
25. I hated .
I bet that most of you are wondering why I used the past-tense. It’s because I really don’t hate it anymore. Growing up and even today I can’t stand the taste of prunes, and the main ingredient in original Dr. Pepper was prune juice. Today’s recipe doesn’t use real prune juice anymore. Some say that the old Dr. Pepper was better, but I love the new stuff.
26. My wife and I are complete opposites.
If any of you have listened to my podcast you will realize the truth of the above statement. This topic is honestly too long to cover at this time, so I invite you to listen to our podcast for more proof, and entertainment.
27. I need a maximum of 6 hours sleep a night.
I’m not sure why 6 hours is the magic time, perhaps I’ve trained myself over the years to only need 6 hours. I go to sleep most nights aroundand I wake up exactly 6 hours later, with or without an alarm clock. The upside of this is that when I’m “out”, I’m “out”. This is great for me, but it wouldn’t be so great for my pregnant wife. She keeps telling me that I’ll need to keep up with my share of night duty. I’m more than willing. I told her that if she can wake me up I’ll do it. I doubt that she could; I mean I’ve slept through earthquakes, sever thunderstorms and car accidents.
28. I can’t donate blood for another 5 years.
During my time spent in Italy there were a few Mad Cow contamination. When I returned home I received a letter from the AMA (American Medical Association) saying that I could eaten the tainted meat and that I will not be allowed or eligible to donate for 10 years. It’s alright by me though I hate needles.
29. I love the smell of coffee.
Let me start by saying that I don’t drink coffee nor have I ever drank coffee, but I would venture to say that this one is kinda self explanatory otherwise.
30. I love to skateboard, but I can’t do any tricks (anymore).
Growing up I loved to skateboard. I used to go every with my board. I used to be so confident and quite skilled but with age and ::cough:: weight, I slowly stopped skating and I lost all my ability. I would love to get back on it and get back to where I once was… but it’s kinda lame for a mid-twenty year old to skate around the neighborhood, or at a skate park.
Most of my blog friends have been posting and tagging entries like this, so I’m it and “Tag you’re it” if you haven’t done this before.
…Things I’ve done and been to (Mine are in Red)
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – Well is was the farthest that anyone could go post 9/11
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted – I’m gonna say that caricatures count
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies/ Sold Pop Corn or Wood in Boy Scouts
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car – it was new to me and less than 2 years old
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible (& Book of Mormon)
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
I’ve done 57 of these things, and I hope to be able to do at least 75 of them. I’ll keep you posted when I accomplish more of these.
Ry The Robot