Archive for July, 2008
6. I have watched Lord of the Rings the extended edition, about 20 plus times, in the last 6 months.
- I love the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I guess the reason why I’ve been watching it so much is because, for some reason, it helps me concentrate. Every time I’ve needed to write a paper for school I put on this series and I can write a six page paper in about 4 hours, and still get a decent A or B too.
7. Back to the Future is the greatest movie trilogy ever.
- Sure Lord of the Rings is an awesome trilogy… but it doesn’t even come close to Back to the Future. I suspect that I’ll be adding a post about why Back to the Future is the greatest series ever.
8. I’ve always wanted a Parrot!!!
- It’s true. In my life I’ve owned a myriad of pets ranging from dogs, cats, hamsters, and rabbits. Yet the one pet I really want is a Blue and Gold Macaw. I’ve always wanted a parrot that I could teach to speak. If I was to get one I’d name it Cap’n, and teach it to say “Shiver Me Timbers” and “Hold Fast.” Why a Blue and Gold Macaw? Out of all the parrots they are the quietest. Parrots have a natural desire to screech, yet the B&G Macaw screeches less than others.
9. I have never broken bone in my body.
- I have dislocated the pinky on my right hand, yet I have never put myself in the situation to break a bone. My mom will deny this comment, and substitute is with a “He was just lucky.”
10. I haven’t cried since 2001.
- Long story that needs not be told. I added this number to my list before I decided that I was going to give commentary.
Well until next time.
A while ago Karen challenged me to create a One Hundred Things (about me). Normally this challenge is created as a single post, but I figured that with most of my 100 things I could expound upon them, so I decided to do them 5 at a time
1. I love my wife.
-Now some may say that this is to obvious to start with, yet I think that the most important item about me should be top of the list.
- This is very true. I have hated mushrooms ever since I was a little boy. Even now that I am older, and my taste buds are more developed I still hate them. I consider my self to be a fairly awesome cook, and that I have a broad pallet, yet no matter how they are cooked, I cannot eat mushrooms. Some times when friends of mine cook with mushrooms, I will refuse to eat what they prepared due to my hatred for these edible fungi.
3. Italian food is the best.
- Hands down the best. I have never met anyone with anything bad to say about the Italian Cuisine. I have known people who hate Mexican, Indian, and even some American dishes, But I have yet to meet someone who loathes Italian. I think that is proof enough that it is the best.
4. I wish that I played guitar better.
- I have been “playing” know for about 15 years, and deep down inside me I know that I can play better.
5. I want to continue my guitar collection
- I currently own 2 electric guitars, 3 acoustic, 1 half and half (electric/ acoustic), and 1 electric bass. But for me… that is just not enough.
Welcome to RobotHeadphones.com. My name is Ryan, and I’m excited to welcome you to my blog.
I’ve finally decided that I am going to restart my blog. About 4 years ago I started a blog called Needless Banter. I didn’t write much, and the blog died of boredom. My second attempt began last year. While I was better at keeping up with the posts, I wasn’t able to stay consistent. This is my third and hopefully last attempt at creating and maintaining a blog, and someday a podcast.
I have never podcasted before, but I come from prime podcast stock. My mother is Annie from the Quilting Stash Podcast. (www.simplearts.com) There is not much to see on my blog right now, but as soon as school ends I should be posting more frequently.
That should do it for post #1.
See you laters.
I found this picture on Threadless.com